A101 is hiring, we’re looking for a Senior Data Technology Specialist.
Define target data architecture, make developmental alignments and then once the data architecture is implemented, champion and technically lead the implementation of data technologies, associated data models, integration patterns and governance models.
Planning & Direction
- Capture enterprise requirements, business policies and data processing needs and define target data architecture
- Work with data stewards in the business in prioritizing all technical activities to implement data management solutions, in alignment with business priorities and local IT strategy
- Lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data-centric technologies
- Provide insight on the financial and organisational aspects of data technology implementation and maintenance
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Drive an incident free environment through establishing and maintaining a strong safety culture
- Technical authority in data technologies:
- Evaluate, recommend, architect and build data technology stacks
- Review technical application implementation and provide data platform support for applications.
- Architect and build data collectors and data fabric to collect and transport data to a controlled repository
- Automate deployment and configuration management
- Build monitoring solution for the data infrastructure
- Uphold and role-model our core values and leadership behaviours
- Interpret and create requirements for business stakeholders, in collaboration with data stewards in the business
- Collaborate with Application Support teams
- Represent us vis-à-vis external stakeholders in areas of operational importance
Knowledge / Technical Skills
- Strong understanding of how the various technical pieces fit together: you can explain why you made architectural/design decisions and chose certain tools/products
- Passion and interest for integration of file systems, databases and computational frameworks
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proven technical leadership and communication skills
- Ability to abstract data model from business process requirements
- Intellectual curiosity in information technologies, in particular in the areas of data integration and interoperability, document management, reference data management and business intelligence and data warehousing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- 5+ years supporting users and applications, troubleshooting and performance tuning on database layers, specifically MS SQL Server
- Solid track record implementing scalable data technology stacks and designing fault tolerant interfaces to data
- Hands on programming experience and good understanding of various development environments
- Experience in different data integration methods