Together with A101, the Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC) has launched a smartphone app to help construction workers improve their professional and personal lives during their time in Qatar.
Initiated by the SC’s Workers’ Welfare Department and Special Projects Office the app was developed to leverage the overwhelming number of workers who use smartphones and would benefit from a customised platform capable of enhancing their everyday lives.
The app was developed following an intensive consultation period with SC workers led by SC and A101. During the development phase, workers at Lusail Stadium were asked for their feedback on the features, functionality and design of the app, which is intended as a one-stop shop for all their needs.
Following an initial pilot with 250 workers, ‘Madad / Sadiqi – SC Workers’ has been rolled out to all 22,000 workers engaged on SC infrastructure projects. The word ‘madad’ means ‘help’ in both Arabic and Hindi.
The app includes the following features:
- Streamlined finance and remittance options
- Easy communication with family and friends
- Increased awareness of leisure and social activities
- Access to health and nutrition advice
- Access to SC’s work grievance hotline
- Participation in regular surveys
- Stores soft copies of personal documents, such as Qatar ID and passport
- Access to all key emergency telephone numbers
- Location maps of ATMs, parks and health centres
- Promotions available to workers
- #Business Solution